PDA

View Full Version : Firefox trouble

Duane Scarborough
06-25-2011, 07:06 PM
I could not connect to any website today using Firefox. Since Papee convinced my to try it a while back, I have learned to love it.

But for some reason, today it couldn't connect. Everything else seemed to be able to connect O.K. though. Outlook, and Internet Explorer seemed to not have any trouble.

I tried doing a system restore back a couple of days, when Firefox WAS working O.K., but that didn't help.

I was running Firefox 3.6.18, but upgraded it to 5.0 today, using Internet Explorer. :&&:

That seems to have fixed the problem, whatever it was. :-P

Duane

Papee
06-25-2011, 10:40 PM
I haven't had any trouble other than some of the updates they wanted me to do. I tried installing them and it said they weren't comparable with my version. I just shut the download down and everything was fine.

Duane Scarborough
06-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Papee,

I have no idea WHY it acted up, or for that matter, why the upgrade fixed it. ;rasta;

I'd tried everything else at that point, with negative results, so I tried it, (the upgrade) and it worked. ;thumb;

I did a Google search on the problem, and came up with nothing.

I'm GUESSING that somehow I'd corrupted something on Firefox, and the upgrade fixed it.

It's working again now. That's what counts. ;garfield;

For those that haven't tried Firefox, you should. It works a little different from Internet Explorer, but once you get used to it, you'll swear by it. (as opposed to swearing AT Internet Explorer). That's why I was determined to fix it. :-P

The good news is that this was the very first time I'd had trouble with Firefox. (sure can't say that about IE) The best news was that after the upgrade, ALL of my favorites, log in passwords, etc., were still intact. ;thumb;

I like Firefox. Can you even tell?

Duane