PDA

View Full Version : twin engine hercules boat

yamahaulerG1
03-10-2010, 08:42 PM
just bought a hecules motor for my boat it was a twin engine setup we got both motors my dad will be using the 2nd motor to build him a boat and i will be replacing my honda.i have pics of the motors together but cant get them from my phone on this comp.both motors have a custom intake with vw carbs, an alum flywheel and custom starter, alum prop adapter, nonadjustable 44" carbon prop,and a big oil cooler.it will be a while till i can post the pics i just moved and nolonger have a comp

Papee
03-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Are they 042's? Just email the photos to your yahoo or some other browser based email that you can get from any computer or send them to me at support@woodlawnwt.com and I'll put them in your post.

Duane Scarborough
03-11-2010, 08:44 PM
yamahaulerG1,

Please post pictures when you get a chance. I'd like to see what a twin engine setup looks like.

Good luck with separating those twins. ;bawl;

Duane

moondowg
03-15-2010, 08:31 AM
I have a twin Engine Airboat it has 2 Xenoah Snowmobile Engines on it, these Engines are New Old Stock from the seventies. One Engine is mounted on top of the other and it has a 2.6 reduction drive mounted in the middle of the engines. I also have 4 spare engines. It has a 4 blade IVO propeller and a Lenco Trim tab which helps it get up on plane immidiately. On its maiden voyage on the Yough River in South West Pennsylvania it started out only getting up to about 5 MPH, by the end of the day it was going about 20 MPH and getting up on Plane. I have had it out a total of 4 times and it is getting better every time, with adjusting carbs, trimming down the propeller blades , etc. My wife is more skilled with putting pictures on the Internet than I am and I will have her put photos of the Boat on this site in the near future. I syncronized the engines with a tool I bought from Ireland called a Morgan Carb Tuner it works off of engine vacuum. Thanks, Dave.

Duane Scarborough
03-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Moondog,

That sure sounds like a different setup. ;thumb;

I can hardly wait to see pictures of it. ;garfield;

Thanks,

Duane

yamahaulerG1
03-22-2010, 08:32 PM
well i cant email the pics from my phone they never show up and i found my card reader its not workin with this comp. so it will be a while till i can post them still.i did get the motors split apart now i just need to build the stands legs and cage. im not sure which motor it is i was only told its a 40hp i would like to know anything about it.it looks alot like the 0-84s u guys use. is there any way to tell what size it is by lookin at it.

yamahaulerG1
03-22-2010, 08:51 PM
i was just lookin through the pics the motor looks identical to your motor papee except the intake has just been caped and the vw carb welded right in the top, and the starter bracket is part of the motor mount.how much does one of these weigh. and how much should 1 of these motors cost stock just an avg price.

Duane Scarborough
03-22-2010, 09:12 PM
yamahaulerG1,

I'm cornfused now. ;bawl;

I thought that you had 2 identical engines in a side by side configuration.

You last post makes me think that they might be 2 different engines, arranged front to back.

I sure wish that you could post pictures....

Just so you know, a 4A032, and a 4A084 "look" very similar. But there are BIG differences in them. Without pictures, it's hard to guess what you have.

Ah well, you'll get there. ;thumb;

Good luck until then.

Duane

yamahaulerG1
04-06-2010, 10:56 PM
ok here is some pics this should clear things up. im pretty sure these are the 0-84s
how much does an 0-84 weigh.i hope to start working on it as soon as i get the steel. these pic are from my cell so they are kinda hard to see

Duane Scarborough
04-06-2010, 11:42 PM
yamahaulerG1,

Hmmmm.... I'm not 1,000% sure what you have there. I'm "guessing" that it's a pair of 4A032 engines.

I'm going to try to post a 4A084 photo. It may not work. I'm having connection problems. ;bawl;

Here's my 4A084 stripped down, with the reduction drive installed, almost ready to go.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/TullieD/DSCN1320.jpg

And another, from the other end...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/TullieD/DSCN1316.jpg

I thought that I had some 4A032 photos, but I can't find 'em. ;bawl;

If you zoom in to this one, maybe you can see more of what a 4A084 looks like.
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/TullieD/DSCN1370.jpg

Sorry, I'm dealing with computer problems tonight. ;bawl;

Duane

Duane Scarborough
04-06-2010, 11:54 PM
yamahaulerG1,

After looking at your photos again, I'm pretty sure that those ARE 4A032 engines. The reason that I say this is the intake manifolds.

The 4A032 has a down-draft intake, and the 4A084 has a a side-draft intake. Let's not go into how I found out that difference... ;bawl;

And there are other differences that I see...

Duane

buster
04-07-2010, 02:48 AM
Duane,

The pictures I have seen of o32 engines have valve covers that look much different that 084. Also, could the intakes been modified to take the downdraft carbs?

Since you are having computer problems, I took some more pictures that may help, take another look. ;rasta;

Dave

chuckitt
04-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Hey Duane, those are 084 engines. The intake has been modified and it has a mag. The 032's are electronic ign with coil packs.
Thanks, Chuck

Duane Scarborough
04-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Chuck,

Duh... ;rasta;

;rasta; Thanks for clearing that up.

yamahaulerG1,

I "thought" that I was giving you good info. But I WAS NOT. It sure ain't the first time that I was WRONG. ;bawl; ;bawl; ;bawl;

It seems to be happening more often now. Maybe I'm getting OLD. :&&:

Nah, Chuck is OLD, and Buster is OLD. They don't seem to have the same problem.

Maybe I'm jist stupid. Or OLD and stupid.

It don't matter. At least you know what you got now. Sorry about my adding mis-information to the mix.

Buster,

Maybe if I'd turned my laptop sideways, the pictures would have been a little clearer. Oh crap, I just tried that, and learned that I can't type sideways. ;bawl;

Duane

yamahaulerG1
04-08-2010, 09:32 PM
ok thats good to know and yes the intake has been modded to fit a rejetted v.w. carb. They r also fitted with alum flywheels and auto starters i will try to get pics of the starter bracket if anyone wants it looks kinda simple. Does any one know how much 1 weighs me and my dad have a disagrement about the weight so i would like to get an idea which of us is right.

buster
04-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Yamahauler,

I weighed my 084 about a year ago. I don't remember what all equipment was on it at the time, but I will bet yours will be close to 175 lbs. each.

Did you say they were set up with starters, hmmm! Did you hear that Duane?

Dave

Duane Scarborough
04-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Buster,

Yeah, I caught the flywheels and starters part. :&&:

Yamahauler,

Please post pictures of the flywheels and starters. ;thumb;

Thanks,

Duane