PDA

View Full Version : Florida Cracker Fest

chuckitt
01-24-2010, 08:05 AM
The Florida Cracker Fest will be held Feb 19 thru 21 at the Triple Canopy Ranch, 16950 County Road 630, Lake Wales, FL, 33898.
This year they are adding an Airboat Rodeo on Sat 20 th. We laid out the track yesterday. There will be 4 differant classes that will be paid 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place plus an overall fastest time winner who will be known as the Rodeo Champ.
If you think you can drive an airboat, come and prove it and take home some money and a Trophy.
For more info check out this site. http://www.triplecanopyranch.com
It would be good to see some mini's show up.
Thanks, Chuck

Duane Scarborough
01-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Chuck,

I couldn't open the link. I'll try again later.

Am I correct in guessing that this will NOT be a drag race, but more like barrel racing?

It sounds like a FUN time. Please keep us posted.

Duane

Papee
01-24-2010, 05:54 PM
One of these days I'll be able to get out and see one of these. Unfortunately, the only thing I could compete in with my boat is if you started a "drifting" competition.

chuckitt
01-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Hey Duane, I just checked the link and it works good. Try it again. It is similar to barrell racing. The track will have 2-360 degree turns, 1-180 degree, and 6 switchbacks to keep the speed down so knowone will get killed. I just made a deal today for the purchase of a professional timing system. I think it may catch on.
Thanks, Chuck

Duane Scarborough
01-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Chuck,

It works for me now as well.

Heck, the Miss FL Cracker contest alone might make it a worth while trip. ;thumb; ;garfield;

Duhhhhh...... O.K., I'm back. :&&:

As much as I'd like, I can't make it. Too far, and not enough vacation time. ;bawl;

Please let us all know how it goes.

Duane