PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable Shipping Source LTL

Wildfowl
10-26-2009, 11:47 AM
I have a good source for shipping on LTL (less than truckload) items. This would be good for items over the 70 Kilo or size UPS limits and can fit on a pallet 40X48.

The new company I went to work for has a logistics division. They get good discounts on shipping things like the motor I just got.

Every shipment is going to be different but on getting the motor to me I tried UPS Freight and two freight companies. They beat all the prices by $40.00 AND picked it up at the door (business) of the seller with a liftgate in little town TX and droped it at my work with a lift gate. 3 days.

The other two freight companies wanted a drop and pickup at their docks which was a ways from small town Texas.

The boys down the hall said they would be happy to help you (MAA) ship stuff that falls in the above description.

Shoot me an email or PM and I will put you in touch with them. I get nothing out of the deal just glad to help.

chuckitt
10-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks Mike, every little bit helps in these hard times.
Chuck

Wildfowl
10-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Glad to help if I can.

How it works is our logistics division gets low rate commercial pricing. They will provide us with that pricing...with their cut of course...as opposed to what I would call retail pricing like I got when I picked up the phone and asked how much. Nation wide.

They can help with odd-ball sized stuff too.

They are insured, bonded, and can bill which ever side is paying for the shipping.