PDA

View Full Version : 4a032 push prop advice?

Sandman
08-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey guys I've given up on the 032 as an air boat motor but I do still have a plan to run an ice sled of some sort with the motor.
What recommendations would you guys have for a direct drive push prop?

River Rat
08-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Competition aircraft ultra prop

Hey... Y'all gotta see this rig.
Check out the airboat on this page:

http://www.competitionaircraft.com/airb ... llers.html (http://www.competitionaircraft.com/airboat-propellers.html)

DT

buster
08-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I think that guy is going to the extreme to get rid of rudders. Maybe he should consider a bow thruster instead :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Papee
08-06-2009, 09:27 PM
I have an Ultra Prop here I will be selling that I ran on my 032. The blades are cut to 48" and 12 degree shims were the best on that motor.

I just bought a new Ultra Prop to try on my 084, a 59" 3 blade. I have all the shims here to try different pitches.

Sandman
08-07-2009, 04:34 PM
that boat is nuts!
funny I had the same sort of idea for the two 032 motors that I own.. but knew it was way beyond my abilities.

chuckitt
08-07-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't know how fast the responce would be on the steering speeding up one engine while slowing one down. Oh, just pretend you or 10 miles down the river and one of the engines want run. How many circles in the river would it take to get back home? :mrgreen:
Chuck

Duane Scarborough
08-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Chuck,

I was thinking along the same lines, but was keeping my mouth shut.

Your reply almost made me choke on my Pizza. :) :) :)

"It took me 100 miles to move 5 miles, in big circles" ......

I bet that'd confuse the heck out of a GPS. ;)

Differential steering works well on things like Tanks, and Bulldozers.

And it also works well at very slow speeds for large boats, for docking manuevers, assuming they also have transmissions, with forward and reverse.

But on a Mini Airboat? :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the laff, Rat.

Duane

buster
08-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Also, How dizzy would you be after that many miles of circles? ? ? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Dave

Papee
08-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Guys you have to think on your feet! I would just stick one of my feet over the side and use it for a rudder. Some guys here use water rudders BTW, they are made so they fold up when they hit something and are not in the water when on plane. They are used for turning at idle or low speed.