PDA

View Full Version : Toughster 127

chuckitt
06-03-2009, 08:10 PM
This might be the name of the new Aluminum Hull we asked Alumitec to build for us today. It will be 12 ft long and 7 ft wide. It will look like the RD2 but will have turn chimes on the bottom and the bottom will be stronger and it will come with 1/4 inch polymer. The first one will be going to Alaska. It will have SS metalworks and and a Stage 2 Extreme V Twin engine and a Century Drive unit.
This is the first thought of a name for it but if anyone has a suggestion for a name, please post it. It is going to be a tough boat to handle the rough stuff better.
Hey Papee, It will be just like what i proposed to you, when you get ready for your new hull. I can't wait to get it and try it out.
Chuck

Wildfowl
06-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Sounds like a stout build... "MP127 Stout" ... has a ring to it.

Don't mean to misdirect but I think it was Cntry said something somewhere about a possible MP105 with higher sides might be in the works???? Just curious.

chuckitt
06-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Funds aren't availible to redo the 105 mold now. sales will have to pick up some. Maby later when this recession ends.
Chuck

Wildfowl
06-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I completely understand...I will be there as soon as it lets up some. Back to the name game!

av8or
06-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Chuck,

Sounds like something I would be interested in, what is the cost of the hull??

River master 127
Northern 127
Tough stuff 127
Flats runner 127
Skinny water 127

Thanks
John

Papee
06-05-2009, 10:43 PM
River Runner LOL David will get it.

It will be a good seller as long as the front platform is big enough to put a seat on and a trolling motor.

chuckitt
06-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Hey av8or, This new hull sells for $ 3575.00 and that includes the polymer installed. It would 700.00 less without the polymer. The polymer with the 6061 aluminum bottom is what makes this a tough hull for the mini's.
Thanks, Chuck

av8or
06-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Hey Chuck,
I used to use 6061 t-6 aluminum for the spars in the wings of the experimental aircraft I use to build and fly. It has the strength that is needed, but not too brittle. Should be a nice combo. If I sell this ea-81 with the amax redrive and prop....I'll be there in about an hour and a half. Thanks for the quick reply.

John

David
06-06-2009, 07:45 PM
River master 127 $3575.00
Northern 127 $3575.00
Tough stuff 127 $3575.00
Flats runner 127 $3575.00
Skinny water 127 $3575.00

3575 with poly and 700 without

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

David
06-06-2009, 07:49 PM
River Runner LOL David will get it.

It will be a good seller as long as the front platform is big enough to put a seat on and a trolling motor.

We will do yours special just for that seat now where is my special STATS. builder stuff at :lol: :lol: :lol:

chuckitt
07-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Here is the Pictures:
http://www.miniairboatassoc.com/cpg1416/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Toughster_127_001.jpg
http://www.miniairboatassoc.com/cpg1416/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Toughster_127_002.jpg
http://www.miniairboatassoc.com/cpg1416/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Toughster_127_004.jpg
http://www.miniairboatassoc.com/cpg1416/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Toughster_127_007.jpg
Chuck

Wildfowl
07-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Looks like something Batman would drive and tough as a badger.

Batger 127

chuckitt
07-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Here is a picture of the bottom showing the screw layout and the poly around the chime. There is 2 more pictures in the gallery.
http://www.miniairboatassoc.com/cpg1416/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Toughster_127_014.jpg
Thanks, Chuck

Papee
07-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Chuck what seating is going into this hull? I may just decide to go deck from the front seat forward and a side box on each side back to the cage leaving the rear and rigging area open do you can step right over to the sides in stead of stepping down and walking on the stringers. sorta like the following. With doors in both sides and the front for storage.

chuckitt
07-14-2009, 07:41 AM
That's no problem Papee, We do it that way on some of the higher HP boats. I don't know how the extra weight will effect the running of the boat with the low HP engine. I will get a picture of the metalworks for this one and post it. We made a change in the seat frame to give more walking room in the boat.
Chuck

Papee
07-14-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't think the weight will be over what I have now, I'd gladly sacrifice some hauling capability for a good walking deck for fishing and rod storage. You know I'll always be "different" right?

chuckitt
07-14-2009, 09:12 PM
I know your different Papee. Everyone else is to. Thats why production boats don't sell good. Here is the rigg designed to give more walking room.
http://www.miniairboatassoc.com/cpg1416/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Toughster_127_015.jpg
What do you Think?
Chuck

Papee
07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
I know you guys need the seats a little higher than I do, with that in mind, How High are the sides? I am thinking that the foot platform for the operator seat should be at the same height as the front deck which would wrap around each side as I drew above. The pass seat would be at the level of the platform with room for movement to the front of that seat. I'm not sure how the measurement would work out as far as the passenger stepping up onto the raised deck.

You're rigging looks great though, this is just something I have been thinking about while walking around each side of my current boat. The extra storage would be great too, I wouldn't have to take my rods out of the boat. I could also remove the Fish finder and store it below out of site.

Edit: The reason for all this madness is my legs, I don't move around the boat so well with my bionic knees so stepping down to floor level then back up to the deck is hard for me. Especially when stepping back down I'm not to stable.

chuckitt
07-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Hey Papee, what do you think about a front driver with the footstand level with the decks and the passenger seat between the driver and the engine at the same height? We have done a lot of front driver boats and they work good for fishing and frog gigging.
Chuck

Papee
07-15-2009, 01:24 PM
You know, that may be the best bet Chuck. That way the passenger can stay seated when we're ready to fish and I can move to the front "fishing" seat. If it were the setup I have now there would be a lot of switching seats because of the length of the boat. If you think it would be be ok with one person I'd say that would be the ticket. I am alone most of the time.

chuckitt
07-15-2009, 07:38 PM
It will work real good papee. We will check our weight transfer on this one when we run it. I will have to know the weight of your trolling motor so we can fiqure it in. After we test this boat, we will know where to locate the rigg.
Thanks, Chuck

Papee
07-15-2009, 08:13 PM
The trolling motor is 63 lbs my anchor sits on the other corner of the front and is 23 lbs. On my boat I have the battery centered about 3ft forward from the rear, the trolling motor on the right front, the anchor on the left front and the gas tank on the left rear to balance it from side to side. My current tank is six gals but I'll be getting one of yours with the sight glass. I guess we could center the gas tank and put the battery on the anchor side, I use a single battery now but the biggest they make.

chuckitt
07-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks Papee, This thing may be called The MiniShip. :lol:
Chuck

Papee
07-15-2009, 09:20 PM
You just have to get the hull lighter in weight but not in toughness. I think I'll be fine, If I end up with a single person boat that is fine with me. The wife has me on a diet so maybe I can get you another 40-50lbs off. :lol:

chuckitt
07-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Here is how it looks with the cage setting on it.
http://www.miniairboatassoc.com/cpg1416/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Toughster_127_026.jpg
Chuck

Duane Scarborough
07-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Chuck,

It's looking very nice. I do wonder though why this cage was built "full" instead of your semi-pancake style. (I don't know what else to call it.)

I like the look of a full cage, but also like access to the engine.

Was that customer preference, or a technical reason?

Duane

Papee
07-16-2009, 08:58 PM
That's about right, a little lower and maybe a foot shorter for me. Just enough room between the seats for some leg room. Maybe even move the rear seat back a bit to gain a little more room.

Duane, I make all my stuff full cages because I use it for fishing and it helps keep us away from the hot stuff. Also so the fishing line doesn't rub and get burned off. You really don't lose much space because it tappers back on the sides.

chuckitt
07-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey Duane, the full cage covers the headers and exhaust pipes. It's a must if you ride small kids that can fall into them. With the pancake cage, a guard could be built to cover them but knowone ever does.
Papee, the rear seat can be moved more to the rear but this boat gets the Stage 2 Briggs which has the carb in front of the engine. David and I looked it over today and a front driver will work good in this hull. There will be plenty of room for a rear passenger.
Thanks, Chuck

Duane Scarborough
07-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Papee, and Chuck,

Thanks for the replies. Both made good sense.

With my side by side seating, it'll be difficult to get back there to the headers and exhaust pipes anyway, and what little fishing I plan to do will be from the front half of the boat, so I'll move ahead with my pancake cage plans.

We've just had another round of thunderstorms move thru, but the forecast is good for tomorrow morning. I've got my fingers crossed to make some progress tomorrow.

Thank you both,

Duane