PDA

View Full Version : Last run of the year

Papee
10-26-2008, 05:24 PM
It was pretty nice out here today so I went to the river for a last trip. I didn't do much fishing because the wind was pretty strong. I ran up river about an hour then took my time coming back. Coming down river in the wind is harder because of the wind blowing on the top of the water. It's hard to see all the rocks. I only used about 3 gals of gas.

I'll be cleaning up the garage so I slide the boat in along the side and start tearing it down for a rebuild on the motor, getting a few dents out of the bottom. I'll be redoing the engine stand because it has gone through 3 engine swaps this year.

chuckitt
10-26-2008, 08:02 PM
It's a sad day when Papee has to stop fishing. :cry: Thats OK, We don't want that river fished out. Well, You will just have to have fun reworking your boat. I know you will. :mrgreen:
Chuck

Papee
10-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Who'd you have in the race today. Looks like 48 is going to win a third championship. I heard them say today that Martin may get in the 5 car this year yet for the last race.

chuckitt
10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
We stopped the pool about a month ago when most everyone playing couldn't afford it. Jimmy's team is so good, they just keep putting out. It will be a miracle if Jimmy loses the championship. I think Martin would do good at Hendrick.
Chuck

Papee
11-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Maybe that wasn't the last run of the year. It's supposed to be 70 degrees here on Friday :D