PDA

View Full Version : Today's fishing trip

Papee
06-27-2008, 06:36 PM
No pics, I went to another nearby river and did some scouting. I spend a few hours getting up over some of the rock ledges. The water is pretty low and some of the rock ledges have a 1 foot drop off. I misjudged one on the way back and got caught up on one of the rocks just teetering over the ledge. First time this year I had to get out of the boat. I saw a lot of nice fish along the way Big catfish, huge carp, some real nic smallmouth bass, and about a 2 foot walleye. It start pouring down rain and I hightailed it back to the landing.

So it's raining cats and dogs with a little lightning so I get the boat on the trailer and pull it up out of the way to tie it down and get ready to travel. Still pouring I get my camera,cell phone, and a few other things to put in the truck out of the rain. The door is LOCKED! I must have hit the electric lock button when I got out.

I have a Ford with the rear half door so you can pry there some to get something in to hit the power lock button. So I find a piece of wood and put in the door for a wedge to hold it open enough to get something in. I look around and find a piece of tie wire I keep in the boat for emergencies. I get it in the door and to the button but it isn't stiff enough to push the button. It just keeps bending. I look around again for something a little stronger. Nothing!

Well, I carry three fishing rods with different lures on each so I don't have to keep switching lures. I pick out the oldest rod I had, around 20 years old, a Bass Pro. I pull it apart and take off the eyes. I slip it though the tight opening and I'm right at the button! I just need a little more towards the window, SNAP, I break the shaft right at the crack in the door. It's still pouring BTW. I took it back out and wrapped it with some electrical tape and the pried the door open a little more and moved my wedge. This time it went straight in an hit the button, I was in.

Still had a good day and I can't wait to get back and do some fishing. :D

chuckitt
06-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Papee, If thats what you call a good day, I sure wouldn't want to be with
you on a bad day. :lol: . Chuck