PDA

View Full Version : ultraflightradio.com information

Spyda-Ryda
05-22-2008, 01:21 PM
http://www.ultraflightradio.com/byname/bornebever.html

Go to this website and there are audio clips from a friend of mine that owns Air Tech Inc.(Gene "Bever" Borne) There is a clip that is a step by step explanation of how to balance a prop at home without any professional balancing tools or equipment. There are also some audio clips from him on wiring a rotax for a charging system and for a starter. Plus much more. I found it kinda of interesting and quite helpful. It would be especially helpful for someone not mechanically inclined and doing this for the first time. Some of these clips can be downloaded from the website. These clips come from the sport aviation community but can be applied to our community as well. I hope some of you find this as helpful as I did.

Scroll down to the audio clip labeled:

Bever Borne, Air-Tech, Inc.
Bever Borne chats with us about propeller balancing. He talks about what works and what doesn't work to keep things running smooth. Bever can also answer your four stroke and two stroke ultralight aircraft engine questions. Do you have questions? When the show is live, call your questions in at (888) 514-2100 or you can IM them in on AOL or Yahoo Instant Messenger to UFRadio. Air-Tech, Inc. (7/25/06)

Papee
05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Nice link! There is a lot of information there, I have been thinking about a charging system for the 4A032 and one of those subjects sparked my memory enough that I have a way to make the charging system work. Really the same thing they are doing but I have an electronic background so I will be building my own rectifier/regulator. I', going to take you post and cross post it in the general Tech forum also because of the other information there. Thanks!

Papee
05-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I added this post from prop talk here in general tech because of the huge amount of useful information I found when following the link. Just follow the link then look in the center panel for show topics that may interest you. Thanks again.