PDA

View Full Version : New to forum and to airboating

abennett
03-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Hello,
I'm stationed on the Outer Banks of North Carolina with the Coast Guard and am about to be transferred to Ocean City, Maryland. I have been interested in airboats for quite some time. I am from Alabama and I remember seeing quite a lot back home. The mini concept looks to be the best way for me to get my hands on one. I have seen quite a few pics of folks using the Lake buggy plans for their hulls. I have also been looking at the Glen-L airboat. Has anyone built or used one of these boats? Are there any other plans besides the lake buggy or Glen-L floating around? Any info on either boat or any other boat would be greatly apreciated. Thank you very much.
Ashley Wayne Bennett USCG

Randy Jr
03-16-2008, 04:31 PM
welcome to the forum ashley you've joined a geat new forum a few rookie's here like me and a few ol'timers that have lots of valuable info to put forth... im in process of building a mini..my hull is from the lake buggy plans its under the.. "show us your rig" section on this forum....

just wanted to say welcome and hope you'll stick around and good luck on getting yourself a mini..

David
03-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the site

abennett
03-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome.