PDA

View Full Version : hull design

josh_2562
01-08-2008, 08:52 PM
hello
I'm going to post what I have learned about mini over past months.
I think that if you are going to make your own hull it needs to be at laest 5' wide to help displace the weight. I think the lower the boat sit in the water the easier It will get on plane. I have a 10'x4' hull with a 23hp brigg on it sits about 1" deep in the water with out me in it. It sits about 3" in the water with me in it 280lbs. I also have a 12'7"x 7' hull that has a arctic cat 440 with out any one in it it sits about 1/2" deep in the water at the rear of the boat and abot 1 1/2" with me in it.This boat will get right on plane in deep water with me in it. It will get on plane in deep water with 2 men. It takes a little bit to get going but planes out fine.

so when you build your hull smaller is not allows better.The extra width will help displace the over all wieght better.
This is just what I think.I'm no expert. Not even close lol

chuckitt
01-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Thanks Josh, You are thinking in the right direction about the hull being wider. Now that you have 2 mini's that you
have driven, you can come over and drive one of the MiniPro's and give me some input on what you think. Why don't
you post your Video on this site. I like it and the other members could injoy it too. Thanks, Chuck :)